PRE-SERVICE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHERS’ OPINION ABOUT USING INTERNET EDUCATIONAL ORIENTED
The rapid development of science and technology effected societies significantly. Individuals should communicate efficiently, use multiple environments, consider ethical principles, own high level thinking skills in order to keep up with these development. Because, in modern days internet is an important source to reach information that are also taking place in books, encyclopedias, journals, newspaper etc.. Internet in which many computer systems are connected is a worldwide used and developing network. Internet has an important place in education.
Due to its property to enable information easily usage of internet in education starting from elementary education to higher education is became widespread. Because internet makes researching easily and also enriches the learning environment and gets attention. Especially, In terms of the age group of elementary school students, and making individuals gain inquiry and accession to reliable information skills pre-service elementary school teachers’ opinions about internet usage should be defined.
Therefore, it is important to determine opinions of future elementary school teachers about using internet educational oriented. Thus, the study is restricted with the opinions of pre-service elementary school teachers. In this respect, the aim of this study to reveal the pre-service elementary school teachers’ opinions about the usage of internet in education. In this context answers to following questions will be sought.
• What do pre-service elementary school teachers think about the importance of using internet in education environment?
• How do pre-service elementary school teachers make use of internet educational oriented?
• What do pre-service elementary school teachers pay attention while using internet educational oriented?
• What are the benefits of using internet educational oriented according to pre-service elementary school teachers?
• What are the restrictions of using internet educational oriented according to pre-service elementary school teachers?
• What are the suggestions of pre-service elementary school teachers regarding to using internet educational oriented more efficiantly?
Survey model will be employed in this study. Data will be gathered via survey consisting of six open-ended questions form third grade primary school education students as they were enrolled courses about teaching profession and school experience this term. Data will be analyzed by descriptive analysis and the findings will be presented as part of the aims of the study.