RESEARCH OF THE CONCEPTS IN THE TRAINING IN COMPUTER GRAPHICS
University of Library Studies and Information Technologies and South - West University "Neofit Rilski" (BULGARIA)
About this paper:
Conference name: 14th annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation
Dates: 8-9 November, 2021
Location: Online Conference
Abstract:Visualizing scientific data can be an invaluable aid to the researcher. Each user interacts differently with the presented data. When visualizing certain results, it is very important to take into account the human factor.
The description of the geometric shape in the model is directly related to the applied problem and is completely independent of the graphics system. In order to visualize the application model or some part of it, it is necessary to present it in terms of the graphic system that performs the rendering itself. If, for example, a graphics system can only represent vectors, and the model is a set of spatial figures, then the application program must be able to describe each spatial figure by vectors.
An interactive graphics software system has three components:
- the model that is created, processed and visualized;
- the application program, which takes care of its creation, the performance of operations on it, as well as its organization in a form convenient for visualization;
- graphics system - provides a set of visualization tools that the application program uses to graphically display data from this application model. The graphics system is the part of the software that is most closely related to the technical devices and that actually performs the visualization after the application program has specified exactly what should be displayed.
The main purpose of this report is to present the results of a survey of students studying computer science and computer science for the application of 3D technologies in their education. The survey was conducted at two universities:
- University of Library Studies and Information Technologies;
- South-Уestern University “Neofit Rilski”;
The study is representative because 254 students and doctoral students were studied, which is 25% of the students studying at both universities.
The methodologies used to analyze the results are hypothesis testing, correlation and regression analysis. SPSS and R language are used.
The main conclusions of the survey are that the surveyed students are highly motivated to add new disciplines related to computer graphics or to hone three-dimensional technologies in their learning process. Many students say that their future realization will be largely related to three-dimensional technology. The negative conclusion is that there is a group of students who are completely uninterested in 3D technology and show no interest.
Another aspect of the report is that we will present the change in curricula and disciplines that we have introduced to improve our education.
Keywords: Computer graphics, education.