DIALOGUE PECULIARITIES IN “GROWN-UP/ EARLY-AGED CHILDREN” WITH DEVIATIONS IN SPEECH ACQUISITION
1 Chelyabinski University, Pedagogical Institute (RUSSIAN FEDERATION)
2 Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (SPAIN)
About this paper:
Appears in: INTED2014 Proceedings
Publication year: 2014
Conference name: 8th International Technology, Education and Development Conference
Dates: 10-12 March, 2014
Location: Valencia, Spain
Abstract:Dialogue “grownup-early-aged child with deviations in speech acquisition” in comparison with the common object of dialogue theory (grownup-grownup) has not been studied sufficiently. Current state of art on this investigation field is represented by some specific and very important aspects (T.V.Baszhina, T.O. Gavrilova, E. I. Isenina, N. I. Lepskaya, E. J. Protasova, S. N. Tseitlin)
With regards to Russian area we observe as a fact the increasing of quantity of nonverbal early-aged children. That is why revealing all possible reasons of deviations in the speech acquiring at an early age is of vital importance.
This investigation aim is about enlightening dialogue peculiarities “grownup- early-aged child with deviations in speech acquiring” on an applied point of view. Work supposed the knowledge of the communication peculiarities in the dialogue of grownup with nonverbal early aged children should give the possibility to determine the communicative conditions of the influence of proactive corrections during sensitive period in speech formation.
Paper follows the interpretation of the concept “dialogue” given by V.G. Kuznetsov (2007). According to this a dialogue is “collective word, mutual speech” that is to say a conversation between two or more people.
Taking into consideration the investigation aim and understanding of dialogue essence, the work analyzes the existing methods of study of dialogue communication at an early age. The analysis of present methods of study of dialogue communication grownup – early – aged child with deviations in speech acquiring showed that the most deep dialogue grownup- child language peculiarities research is proposed in the V.V. Kazakovskay’s method. This paper improves communicative aspects in this author’s method.
An experimental research of dialogue peculiarities (on “grownup – early aged child with deviations in speech acquisition) is carried out through nursery schools number 57, 307 and 476 in Chelyabinsk, Russia. We have examined more than 150 children from 2 years and 4 months old till 3 years old. Having been interviewed parents, we conducted questionnaire survey among teachers once each 4 months and for one year.
Having analyzed the data received in the experimental research, it is possible to make the following conclusions:
From the point of view of linguistic analysis dialogue grownup speech phrases:
1. Parents rarely correct grammatical peculiarities and defects in child’s speech;
2. Very long speech phrases can cause some difficulties in child understanding.
3. Parent’s questions do not induce to children to make a full answer, but more often these questions require only short answers.
From the communicative point of view:
1. There is more stimulating effects in communication “child/close grownup” if parents (close grownups) talk everyday about children’s actions. For instance to talk about children’s actions in playing situations or other type of situations where they are together.
2. It is very important the communicative manner between parents and children. It teaches interest and gives ability to children in order to communicate with parents. For instance: colored speech with intonations, right pauses, etc produces effects that improve the right speech development.
Keywords: Early age children, speech acquisition, grown up/early age dialogue.