ENHANCING FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING MOTIVATION IN SECONDARY EDUCATION THROUGH INNOVATIVE PEDAGOGICAL TECHNOLOGIES
The article deals with such problem in foreign language teaching as forming and enhancing motivation.
The author describes some ways based on innovation in pedagogical science, which could prevent scholars from losing motivation. The own experience of the author in teaching German as foreign language is described. The research was aimed to find some efficient methods and activities which could lead to more successful results un foreign language learning.
The following methods turned out to be very efficiently:
- pragmatically oriented approach;
- implementation of role plays and games in foreign language teaching and learning;
- developing communicative skills by solving problem oriented tasks;
- using ICTs as foreign language learning tools.
All above-mentioned methods are realized in some learning aids developed by the author. Some examples of it are given in the article. The main conclusions to which the author came was the following.
1. Educational process is successful when it is personally oriented.
2. Additional learning aid can make educational process more interesting because it gives a possibility of using the newest materials.
3. Using of additional learning aid can not only develop communicative skills but also contribute to intercultural knowledge which is important for the integration in another society.
This research seems to break new ground for further research in the field of pedagogical technologies in secondary education.