FORMATIVE ACTIVITIES OF THE MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM OF THE FACULTY OF PHARMACY (UNIVERSITY OF GRANADA): PLANS OF IMPROVEMENT
Universidad de Granada (SPAIN)
About this paper:
Appears in: ICERI2011 Proceedings
Publication year: 2011
Page: 6984 (abstract only)
Conference name: 4th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation
Dates: 14-16 November, 2011
Location: Madrid, Spain
The educational multidisciplinary team was constituted in the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Granada during the academic course 2009-2010. Currently it is constituted by a total of 20 Professors (experienced professors and young lecturers). The initial aim which is kept currently, consists of helping to the integration of those colleagues who begin their labor as professors in this University, helping to increase the quality of the teaching. The experience of previous courses has demonstrated that the organization of activities cooperatively by the young and most experienced professors, are a very effective method to extend the knowledge and educational experience.
To describe the formative activities that in this respect, there have performed by the above mentioned educational equipment during the academic course 2010-2011.
There have been performed the following formative activities of theoretical and practical character, taught by experts on each field:
- Seminar on "Use and applications of the platform SWAD".
- Theoretical / practical seminar on "Integrated learning and the multimedia tools".
- Skills in communication.
- Seminar on "Implementation of the utilization of the PC tablet in the University classroom".
- Design of conceptual maps and use in the teaching actions.
- Criteria to develop didactic skills in common.
- Theoretical / practical workshop on "How to write a scientific article".
- Seminars on "The AUDIT program", which main objective is to ascertain the validity and reliability of teaching quality.
- Role of the units of Clinical and Dietetic Nutrition.
Results and Conclusions:
The noticeably increase of the multidisciplinary character of the team, it has improved the educational experience of all the members. The diverse formative activities have allowed us:
- To learn new technologies applied to the teaching.
- To deepen into the technologies of communication. We have detected the need (for both experienced and young professors) of learning new technologies of communication to develop more our skills and to increase the efficiency in the teaching process.
- To know experiences and educational methodologies in other areas of knowledge.
- To improve the researching skills.
- To know new methodologies of the educational quality in the University.
The assistance, the interest and the motivation that all the members of the team have showed, both in the organization and in the participation, demonstrate the efficiency of this type of activities and it encourages us to continue organizing complementary others during the near academic course. The young lecturers have contributed showing enthusiasm, force and new ideas in their fields, and the most experienced professors have contributed with their teaching experience. The conclusions obtained in the debate after every activity, have served to raise new plans of improvement.