About this paper

Appears in:
Pages: 6463-6468
Publication year: 2015
ISBN: 978-84-606-8243-1
ISSN: 2340-1117

Conference name: 7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies
Dates: 6-8 July, 2015
Location: Barcelona, Spain

TOWARDS THE ASSESSMENT OF THE TEACHING PROFILES OF BAJA CALIFORNIA'S BASIC EDUCATION TEACHERS

P. Rodriguez Diaz, G. Villasenor Amezquita, J.C. Reyes Estrada, M.M. Barak Velazquez

Universidad Autónoma de Baja California (MEXICO)
The aim of this study is to analyze the aspects of education, training, updating, and dedication of teachers in Basic Education of Baja California.

Methodology:
This project is a qualitative study, in which 422 Kuder Tests were applied to the same number of active Basic Education teachers in the state of Baja California.

Analysis results of the Vocational Kuder Test.:
The instrument used during this research was the Vocational Kuder Test Scale of Vocational Preferences (reprinted in Mexico, 2011), made by Dr. Frederick Kuder. This instrument was used in order to find the preferences and general areas of interest for the individual, in this case, the participating teachers.
The data was supplied by 422 surveyed teachers; 209 of them from the municipality of Mexicali, 91 from Ensenada, 70 from Tecate, and 52 from Tijuana.

The obtained results:
In the distribution by gender, it was found that 336 (80%) of the participating teachers were female, while 86 (20%) were male. In the breakdown by teaching subjects: of the 64 Basic Education mathematics teachers to whom the Kuder Test was applied, 32 did not meet the necessary profile for teaching the subject. Out of 26 participating teachers in the Special Education area, only 9 of them (35%) meet the required profile. In the subject of Physical Education, only 9 (45%) out of the 20 participants meet the requirements, while the remaining 11 (55%) have not developed skills according to the required profile. Concerning the subject of Technology, in which 5 Kuder Tests were applied, it was found that none of the teachers found a match between the subject they teach and their obtained profile. In the subject of Civics and Ethics, represented by 9 teachers, it was found that 4 of them match with the profile of persuasive interest and social service, in addition to their match between the subject they teach and their acquired profile. Regarding the subject of English, none of the 3 participating teachers show a match in their vocational profile.

In closing, it can be said that, regarding their educational labor, only 86 (20%) of the surveyed teachers meet a high matching profile between their work and their dedication to service. From the total number of teachers surveyed, 198 (47%) were located in an average profile. Finally, 138 (33%) teachers had a negative score regarding their degree of commitment to their profession.
@InProceedings{RODRIGUEZDIAZ2015TOW,
author = {Rodriguez Diaz, P. and Villasenor Amezquita, G. and Reyes Estrada, J.C. and Barak Velazquez, M.M.},
title = {TOWARDS THE ASSESSMENT OF THE TEACHING PROFILES OF BAJA CALIFORNIA'S BASIC EDUCATION TEACHERS},
series = {7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies},
booktitle = {EDULEARN15 Proceedings},
isbn = {978-84-606-8243-1},
issn = {2340-1117},
publisher = {IATED},
location = {Barcelona, Spain},
month = {6-8 July, 2015},
year = {2015},
pages = {6463-6468}}
TY - CONF
AU - P. Rodriguez Diaz AU - G. Villasenor Amezquita AU - J.C. Reyes Estrada AU - M.M. Barak Velazquez
TI - TOWARDS THE ASSESSMENT OF THE TEACHING PROFILES OF BAJA CALIFORNIA'S BASIC EDUCATION TEACHERS
SN - 978-84-606-8243-1/2340-1117
PY - 2015
Y1 - 6-8 July, 2015
CI - Barcelona, Spain
JO - 7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies
JA - EDULEARN15 Proceedings
SP - 6463
EP - 6468
ER -
P. Rodriguez Diaz, G. Villasenor Amezquita, J.C. Reyes Estrada, M.M. Barak Velazquez (2015) TOWARDS THE ASSESSMENT OF THE TEACHING PROFILES OF BAJA CALIFORNIA'S BASIC EDUCATION TEACHERS, EDULEARN15 Proceedings, pp. 6463-6468.
User:
Pass: