What is the unique added value of technology to transform learning? This presentation offers 6 questions educators can ask as a gauge for moving beyond technology as a “$1,000 pencil”. The questions are:
1. Did the assignment build capacity for critical thinking on the web?
2. Did the assignment develop new lines of inquiry?
3. Are there opportunities to make student thinking visible?
4. Are there opportunities to broaden the perspective of the conversation with authentic audiences from around the world?
5. Is there an opportunity for students to create a contribution (purposeful work)?
6. Do students own their learning?
The presentation will provide examples of how to answer yes to each of these questions.