WEB-BASED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR THE MONITORING, COMPLIANCE AND EVALUATION OF THE UNIVERSITY TUTORIALS
University of Cordoba (SPAIN)
About this paper:
Appears in: EDULEARN09 Proceedings
Publication year: 2009
Conference name: 1st International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies
Dates: 6-8 July, 2009
Location: Barcelona ,Spain
Abstract:Since the redefinition of the university model by the Bologna Declaration, the Spanish and European universities are demanding a quality university system based on the use of new technologies as a means of improving equality of opportunities and social cohesion.
Among other activities achieving EHEA goals requires the establishment of a management system and quality control of tutorials conducted in the university environment. This paper describes the characteristics of Quality Management Systems of Tutoring, a Web tool developed with following characteristics:
• Multiplatform, developed with public domain tools.
• Secure, where the users (teachers, students and administrators) are authenticated, each user type with specifics privileges.
• Consistent with the teaching and administrative information in which students have access to teachers who teach subjects in which they are enrolled.
• The system manages fully the processes of request, acceptance, fulfillment and evaluation of the tutorials for both types of participants (teachers and students).
• The system enhances the performance of the tutorials through alert messages, date changes, reminders, etc.
• The system allows the assessment of the tutorials development from both the teacher and the student, while private and public information for both.
• The system generates multiple reports grouped by grades, subjects, students, and teachers. This information is very valuable for the analysis and study of the teaching-learning process.
Keywords: bologna process, university tutorials, web-based systems.