EDUCATIONAL APPROXIMATION TO THE ENVIRONMENT KNOWLEDGE, USING THE NEW TECHNOLOGIES: MOODLE LIKE STRATEGY OF TEACHER TRAINING
Universidad de Huelva (SPAIN)
About this paper:
Conference name: 1st International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies
Dates: 6-8 July, 2009
Location: Barcelona ,Spain
The project wants to do an offer inside the area of teacher training of the professorship in field of the sciences, concretely in a subject of the second year of the qualifications for primary education teacher (environment knowledge), using the Moodle platform as a tool of educational development, there being fulfilled this way a formation integrated to the current study plans and their future job.
A quality training in the university area uses for several academic, complementary, transverse and innovative activities. The European space of top education (EEES) foments the relations between teachers and students. The present offer finds justification in this attempt for reaching an improvement in the universitary education, for developing new activities of educational innovation for doing the transmission of knowledge an active, participative and integration process.
We will treat different items related to what we could call a new modality of training.
• To qualify to futures teacher in the knowledge, skills and specific attitudes for the development and actions in modality distantly. As well as to motivate the participation of these in the planning and the development of academic directed activities, and orientated to your vocational training, in the area of the EEES.
• To elaborate a program of practices of agreement to the official program of the subject of Knowledge of the Natural, Social and Cultural way of the Teacher's qualifications, in the speciality of Primary Education and it has an innovative character with a view to the student.
• To know and to be able to use the principal tools of communication and collaborative work, using a virtual platform.
The methodology is based on own strategies of an active and participative education on the part of the student, centred on the figure of the student as key element of the system of training and with a participation of the teacher like revitalizing and facilitator of the process of education - learning. It is based on two fundamental considerations: on the one hand, the specificity of the knowledge of the trees and the other hand, the diversity of activities and Resources proposed across the platform moodle, everything following the offer of Cañal (2000):
• Type 1.-Activities directed to mobilizing information.
• Type 2.-Activities directed to organizing and transforming information.
• Type 3.-Activities directed to expressing information elaborated by the students
The development of this project will be evaluated in a constant way, for the different means and the different proposed activities, after the production of a chronogram of practical meetings and of tutorial meetings, all of them across the platform. As well as the participation in major or minor measure and implication in these performances. In addition, there will be born in mind the aspects that, in the opinion of the participants, should be completed, changed or, in your case, eliminated of these practices with a view to your putting in practice in successive courses.