LECTURE ROOM WEB FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF MATHEMATIC KNOWLEDGE
In this work it is detailed a proposal which a group of lecturers belonging to the investigation group of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) `Mathematics applied to Civil Engineering: MAIC´ is accomplishing through a project of educative innovation financed by the UPM. It is proposed a `Mathematic Thinking Lecture Room´ to be incorporated in the web pages of the universities. It is offered in it a series of activities which permit the training of the students in several transversal competences, most of them related to the mathematical thinking, and others that, although can seem far from it, it is possible to develop them together. The list of activities proposed for this `lecture room-web´ that can be increased with others along the beginning of it is:
• Games, pastimes and mathematical puzzles.
• The mathematical language: prove and solve.
• Training for the mathematical Olympiads.
• Activities related to the mathematical thinking: readings with mathematical content, mathematical cinema...
• Convocation of competitions: mathematical short stories, mathematical photography, mathematical short films...
• Forums and open discussions.