DEVELOPMENT OF PRESCHOOLERS’ PHYSICAL WELL-BEING ENHANCEMENT PROCESS FOR PARENTS IN RURAL NORTHEASTERN REGION USING PARTICIPATORY ACTION RESEARCH AND COACHING APPROACH
The purposes of this research were:
1) to develop the processes of physical well-being enhancement of preschoolers for parents in rural northeastern region area using participation action research and coaching approach,
2) to study the results of these developed process on physical well-being enhancement of parents, and
3) to study the results of these developed process on physical well-being of preschoolers.
The participants were twelve of preschoolers’ parents, participatory action research (PAR) method. The data were collected though evaluation of physical well-being enhancement of preschoolers by parents, evaluation of physical well-being behaviors of preschoolers, and evaluation of satisfaction with process. Data were analyzed by content analysis and descriptive statistics. The research design was which consisted of 3 phases;
1) Background data studying,
2) process developing, and
3) processes presenting.
Research finding were as followed:
1. Developed process was empowering process for parents based on collaboration to think and share experiences under supportive interaction and continuously coaching in real life five steps consisted of:
1) group building,
2) awareness crating
3) alternative providing,
4) coaching, and
5) process evaluating.
There were 2 types of activities which were group meeting and individual or small group coaching.
2. After using the developed process, all of parents had higher level than before which were at the very good level of physical well-being enhancement.
3. After using the developed process, all of preschoolers had higher mean scores of physical well-being behaviors.