FISIOTICS: AN EDUCATIONAL INNOVATIVE PROJECT IN THE GRADE OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
, R. Zurriaga
, F. Martínez
, J. Madera
, J. Benítez
, J. Sánchez
, Y. Alakhdar
, J.M. Blasco
, J. Fernadez
, L. Such
, G. Espí
University of Valencia (SPAIN)
The present project is a proposal to design and develop multimedia materials to be implemented in the new educational Grade in physiotherapy (Universitat de València, Spain) . These materials have been developed from a multidisciplinary perspective in the field of Health Sciences. Different departments of this field such as Physiotherapy, Nursing, Social Psychology, and Physical Education (or Sport Sciences) have contributed to design and develop this innovative project. Today, it is widely known that information and communication technologies (ICTs) in the European Network of Health Sciences in Higher Education have become and acquired a relevant role for professional, social and educational objectives.
From this perspective, our main aim has been carried out with an educational and methodological innovation approach (or system) so as to be implemented in the Grade of Physiotherapy . This new technological system will supply our students enough knowledge (or information) to develop their teaching/learning process successfully.
The origin of this project takes place in the web 2.0 that has been already used successfully as an educational tool in the subject (ICTs) in the Grade of Physiotherapy. From this previous experience, we have tried to implement the contents to achieve two specific or main objectives:
1) Firstly, we have developed these new digital resources so as to complement and adapt them to the different subjects.
2) On the other hand, in this innovative project we have taken into account the existing resources and adapt them to the new technology .
The subjects affected or involved in this project are the following:
1st. Academic year: Psychology of Disability, Biomechanics and Applied Physics.
2nd. Academic year: Kinesitherapy, Hydrotherapy and General Pathology.
3rd. Academic year: Physiotherapy in the Respiratory System.
4th. Academic year: First Aids for Physiotherapy
The results obtained have provided us enough useful information to design a blog to gather information from the different courses mentioned above so as to carry out different interactive activities and, at the same time, to adapt them to a mobile system which allow our students to have better access to the information.
The materials developed for these different subjects are the following:
• Psycology of Disability: in this subject we have worked on developing a specific glossary of terms and basic concepts of Psychology using podcasts.
• Biomechanics and Applied Physics : in this subject, we have elaborated an interactive auto-evaluation questionnaire to enable them to consolidate the acquired knowledge.
• Kinesitherapy: we have used some videos following a logical structure to allow the physiotherapist develop and even evaluate chronologically their activities (work) taking into account the difficulties of the exercises.
• Hydotherapy: for this discipline, we have also designed some video recordings so as to show different approaches
• General Pathology: an interactive questionare has been adapted, using audio visual resources. In short, these videos are used to evaluate the basic concepts of the subject.
• Respiratory in Physiotherapy: we have used (elaborate or designe) a Webquest about different concepts related to this subject.
• First Aid Techniques for Physiotherapy: some audio-visual recording materials have been taken into account to show the proper (adequate, specific ) techniques learned during the academic year.