VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE PROGRAM FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Universidad Veracruzana (MEXICO)
About this paper:
Appears in: ICERI2015 Proceedings
Publication year: 2015
Conference name: 8th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation
Dates: 18-20 November, 2015
Location: Seville, Spain
Abstract:This program is designed to be applied on public high school students in the metropolitan area Veracruz-Boca del Rio, the aim of this Project is to help young people to make better and right decision about choose a profesional career; the program expects to provide high school students of basic knowledge related to the educational program of their interest, allowing them to get a more complete outlook about the area as well as the skills required to perform their professional successfully.
This program expects to reduce the dropout rate in the Veracruz region of the Universidad Veracruzana because of the lack of educational programs, this causes dissatisfacted students about their profesional career.
Phases or contents of the program were selected through a necessity assessment test that was applied to students from high schools and Veracruzana University. According to the results obteined, it was confronted this problem with urgent need of vocational guidance.
Vocational Guidance was proposed as a support tool for making suitable decisions in choosing the professional carree so that provides a more complete outlook about educational programs offered by the Universidad Veracruzana.
Objectives of Vocational Guidance Program:
• To extend widely the benefits that provides vocational guidance program.
• To Avoid mistakes in choosing a proffessional career.
• To develop in students the ability to choose clearly.
• To identify skills and abilities by the students.
• To eradicate the randomly decisions taken by students because of lack of knowledge.
• To provide students with the facilities, the income profile and educational programs offered by the Universidad Veracruzana
• To Disseminate the areas of interest and workplace of various educational programs through lectures and conferences.
Keywords: Vocational Guidance, High School, Educational Programs.