REALITY AND SOME PROBLEMS IN THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN IN A TRADITIONAL INTER-ETHNIC AND MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENT
The paper in question aims at finding and tackling with the problems in the education of the children in preschool and other educational levels, in an inter-ethnic and multicultural environment in the South of Albania. (Gjirokaster and around it), as a traditional inter-ethnic and multicultural status determined by the relationships between the majority of Albanian nationality and the Greek minority, as an ethnic minority, as well as other cultural groups.
- The notion of multiculture in a homogeneous and halogen environment and the differences between them
- The formation of the cultural and spiritual structure of the child as an effort for the maintenance of the equilibrium of its own inter-ethnic and multicultural environment. (dynamics priority - inferiority).
- The growing tendency for adaptation to the cultural identity of the majority (in the sense of self-discrimination) on the part of the children pertaining to the minority, when they are surrounded by a halogen environment. (The tendency opposite to the children of the majority).
- The official academic and educational programs for the preschool system and the respective legislation in relation with a multicultural environment. The relations between the theoretical aspect for a multicultural environment claimed by today’s standards on one hand and the reality under the pressure of the conservative tradition of the denial of the cultural identity “of the other” and the consequences to the multicultural identity of the child on both interactive sides.
- The private academic-educational multicultural models in Gjirokaster. The Italian model and the model of the Orthodox Church and concrete results.
- Family, school, the educator and the impacts in the formation of the spiritual structure of the child in an inter-ethnic and multicultural environment.
The reference point is the aspiration for the future, which is based on the personal experience of each one, the basic interest being the provision of a better life by making concessions regarding the cultural identity on the part of the minority. The reaction of the child and the automatization of adaptation in the concrete environment.