BENEFITS OF THE COLLABORATION COMPANY-UNIVERSITY
University of Oviedo (SPAIN)
About this paper:
Appears in: ICERI2009 Proceedings
Publication year: 2009
Conference name: 2nd International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation
Dates: 16-18 November, 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Abstract:The work that is presented is a research result of the collaboration between university and foundation. The collaboration university – company not always is so frequent as should be it, that is why this seems a good example of this collaboration.
The Energy Asturian Foundation began contacts with the university for one generic objective generic: the achievement of getting involved energy save and consciousness-raising of to circle university.
With such intention set out to the production of a campaign of communication through the which was raised awareness to the target audience of the same one of the importance and need of developing actions that affect to the behaviour in order to reduce the energy consumption. Once completed the same one was posed the checkout of the effects that the development has had of the communication campaign on the target audience of the same one.
The consecutive methodological approach is had leaned on elements that next are described.
• Collected of relevant information on the matter in hand: a solid base that allows to generate ideas, refining approaches and to have the enough information to proceed to the design of the campaign of communication.
• Design of the communication campaign and starting up of the same one: the proposed communication campaign will be a first contact with the target audience (Economics And Business Studies faculty) whose behavior is wished to modify. Given the characteristics of the project present means used for the development of the same one will pattern in elements as the following: poster show with messages; delivery of didactic or take-home packet; position facility or information staff; delivery of small presents and gifts (adapted to the target audience, the student body).
• Quantitative study: Once completed the communication campaign will be proceeded to the production of a survey between the target audience of the research present, the students, to check in which degree the consciousness-raising campaign has had wished effects.
As advance, pointing out some interest details on the success of the campaign and the possible achievement of objectives previously established:
1. More than 90% of students has been conscious of the communication campaign.
2. More than 50% of students consider that the campaign has had some positive effect on his behavior in relative energy to saving.
3. Results show that have been produced modifications in the current behavior or future in connection with questions such as: light turning off in the rooms when they go out of the same, sensor facility possibility of movement in their homes, desirable household appliance purchase possibility focused to the efficient consumption of the energy, opening taps just when is necessary or recycling frequency between other.
4. Has been achieved to inform to the student body on topics that previously did not know, for example: which is the financial driving, that are biofuels or electric cars, which the optimal temperature for the dotted home or localization clean.
5. More than 75% of students polled are prepared to modify his consumption habits to save.
Is considered nonetheless the future possibility of expanding this collaboration and to develop similar actions to which has been presented in other empowered ones and university organisms.