THE IMPORTANCE OF THE WOMAN IN THE ART OF OUR ENVIRONMENT: PROFESSOR BROCH I LLOP SECONDARY SCHOOL
The starting point of this research is in the comments of three students (two of them girls) in fourth year of Secondary School belonging to a group consisting of a majority of boys.
We have seen that the groups who attend Artistic high school consist mainly of students, as faculty of the Department of drawing, in which the five teachers are women. If in the area of education and visual art are almost all women, how can’t we name a single famous artist? If we think in famous person, they are: Picasso, Miró, Goya,…
We have asked why it succeeds. What’s its cause? And where are the women artists? It is a comprehensive study worldwide, so we have focused in our nearest environment, because what interests us is what happens to our colleagues who have attended art school and courses (or course). We think in theirs degree in Arts, as well as cultural changes, political and social issues in recent decades have given way to recognition of many women in the field of creative arts.
We carried out a supervised research work, which in turn serve as an approximation of the student to the research and for making judgments and conclusions to respond to the questions that began to argue:
We have the following structure:
• Approach the issue. Objectives of the work.
• Development of the study:
- Search for bibliographic documentation.
- Collection of statistical data.
- Analysis of the situation of women artists globally.
- Analysis of the situation of women artists in Europe.
- Analysis of the situation of women artists in Spain.
- Analysis of the situation of women artists in our environment.
• Summary of conclusions.
• Development of bibliography.